We have extensive experience and expertise in transmission infrastructure, including overhead and underground transmission lines, substations, and HVDC/FACTS facilities. Our services include:
- Feasibility, facility, and special studies
- Owner’s Engineer services
- Project Management: scope, budget, schedule
- Conceptual engineering
- Permitting support
- Detailed engineering and design
- System interconnection support
- Assessment of infrastructure and asset evaluations
- Vendor inspection services
- Standards review and development
HEI often provides ongoing support services for major utilities and acts on many project activities as an extension of their staff. These services include outage coordination, construction planning, ordering materials, and interaction with various other utility departments. We learn the systems, standards, and software tools of our utility clients and spend as much time in a client’s offices as it takes to familiarize ourselves with these areas and to provide required project coordination.
HEI customizes its services and its project personnel to fit each client's specific needs.